Monday, February 10, 2014

A Morning of Snowshoeing

Our winter weather and snowboundedness has continued for quite a few weeks now. Last night brought a few more inches on top of the top crusted foot of snow from earlier in the week. The snow crust will not support my body, and a lot of post-holing has been going on. Cycling has not been possible in these conditions for over a week, although I did get a good trike/bike weekend in last weekend. Since I hate going to the gym, I got out my original Vermont made Tubbs snowshoes for a few hours of shoeing in the crusty mess.
The stark beauty of our local winter scene has always fascinated me. From the time I was a small child, I loved to participate in winter sports. My first choice is XC skiing, but that was impossible on the unstable crust, even with my wider full metal edged backcountry skis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment